Crime and Deviance
• Different theories of crime, deviance, social order
and social control.
• The social distribution of crime and deviance by
age, ethnicity, gender, locality and social class,
including recent patterns and trends in crime.
• Globalisation and crime in contemporary society;
the mass media and crime; green crime; human
rights and state crimes.
• Crime control, prevention and punishment,
victims, and the role of the criminal justice system
and other agencies.
• The sociological study of suicide and its
theoretical and methodological implications.
• The connections between sociological theory and
methods and the study of crime and deviance.
This course will give you access to resources and activities sociological methods.
AS Sociology - Education