A comprehensive guide to Student Finance (2016-17) is available below:
More information is also available on the Next Steps - Progression Beyond 6th Form Information Page on Moodle (login or guest access allowed). Additionally, useful websites are listed below which contain detailed information and can help to explain all the main concepts of student finance.
- www.gov.uk/studentfinance - has very comprehensive guides on the applications process and financial support, and is where you apply
- UCAS also have a section on their website regarding student finance: www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/student-finance
- Individual universities sometimes produce their own guides, for example the one by Newcastle University which is particularly clear and useful:
- The Money Saving Expert website has a whole section dedicated to student finance containing a substantial amount of resources, in particular an informative article which aims to dispel some of the myths and simplify any unclear aspects of student finance: www.moneysavingexpert.com/students
- You can follow Student Finance England on Facebook or Twitter to get regular updates. They also have their own YouTube page.
- A Student Finance Calculator, which can compare costs for up to five different universities, is available at https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator
- Useful resources mentioned in introduction (also featuring helpful guides for parents as well as students) www.practitioners.slc.co.uk