Exam certificates can be collected from the school reception. Please bring along a form of ID. If you are collecting on behalf of someone else please bring written consent along with your ID.
BTEC January Unit Exams
GCSE Mock Exams
A-Level Mock Exams
GCSE & A-Level Final Exams
The 2024 exam series will run from 9th May to 26th June 2024. All GCSE and A Level students must be available for all dates up to and including 26th June.
Post GCSE/A-Level Results
Information about post results services and application forms can be found below. You can also download a copy (PDF) by clicking the following links:
If you have left school, you will need to bring ID when you come to collect certificates. If someone collects them on your behalf they must bring with them your written and signed permission. They must also bring ID.
Please click here for the QEHS Non-Examination Assessment (NEA) Policy.
Subject Policies for NEA
Supporting Your Child During Exam Time (Young Minds)
Young Minds have launched advice for parents about supporting their children.
- Encourage your child to take revision breaks and find a balance between studying and doing things they find enjoyable and relaxing.
- Make sure they are eating and drinking at regular intervals.
- Reassure them – reinforce that you are and will be proud of them no matter what happens.
- Remain positive and hopeful!
- Let them know their feelings are valid and normal, but also offer support and solutions where possible.
- Anxiety is often worst at night and this means it is useful to encourage good bedtime routine
You can find out more here: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-exam-time/
Information for Exam Candidates
- Information for candidates: privacy notice (PDF)
- Information for candidates: written examinations (PDF)
- Information for candidates: non-exam assessments (PDF)
- Information for candidates: coursework (PDF)
- Information for candidates: on-screen tests (PDF)
- Information for candidates: social media (PDF)
- Information for candidates: AI use in assessments (PDF)
- You will have received your statement of entry and exam timetable, please check them carefully. If there are any errors, contact the exams office. For changes of tier check with the subject concerned.
- Prior to the start of the exam period you will receive a rooming timetable showing all the exams. You will have to identify your own exams to find out their location.
- School exams start at 9:15am for the morning session and 1:15pm for the afternoon session. You should be in school at least 20 minutes before the start of the exam.
- You should be in school uniform for the exams.
- You should make sure that you only take into the exam the permitted equipment i.e. black pens, calculators if permitted for that exam. All equipment must be in a clear case or clear plastic bag.
- You are not allowed mobile phones, MP3/MP4 players etc. in the exam room. They must be handed in before the start of the exam. Failure to do so can mean the loss of that exam result. Where possible, leave them at home.
- No watches are allowed in the exam room.
- You are not allowed to take sweets into the exam room. Only a small bottle of still water is allowed in the exam room and the label must be removed. Any calculator lids must also be removed. Packets of tissues are not allowed in the exam room. Should you need a tissue during the exam the invigilators will be able to provide you with one.
- Please remember it is your responsibility to check when and where your exam is.
- You need to remember your candidate number for all your exams. This can be found on your statement of entry and on the seating plan outside the exam room.
- Students may also wish to download the Exam Check List (PDF).
In the event of an unplanned school closure during external examinations
If the school is closed to students due to severe weather conditions during an external examination period, information will be provided on a daily basis on the school website, by messages sent via Schoolcomms and on Facebook/Twitter.