The Sixth Form Bulletin promotes the many opportunities available to Sixth Form students, and is split into four sections:
- Careers – includes local and nationwide job or apprenticeship vacancies, as well as degree apprenticeships, school-leaver programmes, work experience, internships, careers information and careers events.
- Enrichment – distinct from the University/College section by focusing on subject/topic-based events held at a variety of locations (not just universities or colleges). The opportunities offered in this section will enrich any UCAS application or CV by allowing you to demonstrate that you have sought opportunities outside of school in your chosen interest, or participated in something that gives you real-life experience and skills outside of academic achievement. Examples include online courses, volunteering, gap years, subject-specific taster events, public lectures, and essay competitions.
- Sixth Form Notices – includes any notices to Sixth Form students about events happening in school.
- University/College – includes events at or information about specific universities or colleges, e.g. open days, campus-based taster days, summer schools, courses offered. This section also includes anything regarding applying to university/college, e.g. UCAS applications, personal statements, and admissions tests.
It is published weekly or fortnightly on this page and is sent out to parents/carers and students via Schoolcomms; we also publicise on Instagram.
Opportunities listed in the Bulletin will also be promoted during the week through our Sixth Form Instagram page (@qehs_sixth_form).
The latest edition and previous editions are available for download via the links below:
- 26 November 2021 (PDF)
- 19 November 2021 (PDF) and Oxford University Parent/Carer Presentation, 17/11/2021 (PDF)
- 11 November 2021 (PDF) – Thursday edition this week
- 5 November 2021 (PDF)
- 21 October 2021 (PDF) – Early edition given the Thursday finish for students
- 15 October 2021 (PDF)
- 7 October 2021 (PDF) – Thursday edition this week owing to Freshers’ Fair!
- 1 October 2021 (PDF)