The sixth form bulletin promotes the many opportunities available to sixth form students and is sent to parents/carers and students via email each Friday.
The latest edition and previous editions are available for download via the links below:
- Sixth Form Bulletin 15 September 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 22 September 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 29 September 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 6 October 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 13 October 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 20 October 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 17 November 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 24 November 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 1 December 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 15 December 2023
- Sixth Form Bulletin 12 January 2024
The sixth form bulletin is presented using the following sections:
This includes messages from the sixth form team and information about events about happening in school.
- University: Super-curricular
The opportunities offered in this section will enrich any UCAS application or CV by allowing you to demonstrate that you have sought opportunities outside of school in your chosen interest, or participated in something that gives you real-life experience and skills outside of academic achievement. Examples include online courses, gap years, subject-specific taster events, public lectures, and essay competitions.
- University: Widening Participation
These activities are targeted predominantly at students from under-represented groups who meet the widening participation priority criteria, such as those with little or no family history of higher education, those receiving free school meals or Pupil Premium and students who are in local authority care.
Apprenticeships offer practical on-the-job experience, essential learning tools and qualifications. Relevant opportunities from local businesses and organisations will be shared.
- Careers and Work Experience
This section will include part-time jobs, volunteering opportunities, virtual insight days and careers fairs.
Opportunities listed in the bulletin will also be promoted during through our sixth form Instagram page @qehs_sixth_form.