With restrictions still in place, there are fewer special holiday activities than normal, but young people and their families can access the following over the summer:
- Junior Gym Membership (11-15yrs): £14.99 per month giving access to Junior Gym sessions, Swim for All sessions and hopefully in the near future fitness classes – information here https://www.activenorthumberland.org.uk/JUNIOR-MEMBERSHIP.aspx (External URL)
- Wentworth Bowl: Various sessions available to book online at https://www.activenorthumberland.org.uk/Activities/Indoor-Sports/Ball-Games/Ten-Pin-Bowling.aspx (External URL)
- Swim For All sessions: Sessions taking place across Active Northumberland facilities https://www.activenorthumberland.org.uk/Centres.aspx (External URL). Any child taking part in Active Northumberland’s Learn to Swim Scheme during the school holidays is eligible to free swimming during the public swimming sessions. Further information is on the Active Northumberland website.
- Sports Hall court bookings (e/g badminton): Available across Active Northumberland facilities https://www.activenorthumberland.org.uk/Centres.aspx (External URL)
Some places further afield:
- Clip ‘ n Climb Ponteland & Clip ‘n Climb Cramlington: https://www.activenorthumberland.org.uk/Activities.aspx#activity (External URL)
Hexham Youth Initiative
Rediscover Summer – new programme from DCMS
The Department of Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) has launched a #RediscoverSummer campaign. The campaign brings together a range of activities for children, young people and families. DCMS has published guidance (external URL) showcasing what’s on offer.
Holiday Activities and Food Programmes (HAF)
Pupils of all ages will be able to take part in a range of enriching activities and healthy meals, funded by the National Lottery across the summer break, including sport, music, dance, drama, art, cooking, and gardening. The programme of events will give pupils the opportunity to learn new skills and the chance to socialise with others and make new friends.
All enquiries should be made either by phone to the Northumberland Communities Together Response Hub on 01670 620015 9am-6pm, 7 days a week or email: NCT@northumberland.gov.uk.